There are so many questions surrounding CBD Oil and its use and consumption. We are here to answer some of the most common questions around CBD Oil and extract.
See also our previous post “What’s The Difference Between Hemp & CBD Oil?” if you are still not sure what CBD oil is or how it works. There are many ways to take CBD Oil and extract and have outlined them and the questions surrounding them.
In what form should you take CBD?
CBD comes in many forms. Here is a quick overview of each:
- Topical CBD Beauty Products – CBD oil and extract can be added to beauty products such as CBD Body Lotion and CBD Whipped Body Butter, which are used to soothe aching muscles and to hydrate and soften skin.
- CBD Oils/Tinctures – Tinctures are often the purest form of CBD oil and the easiest and most efficient way to absorb it into your system.
- CBD Edibles – Edibles, such as CBD chocolate or Coconut Oil, are an easy way to incorporate CBD into your daily life.
- CBD Vaping & Smoking – Vaping CBD is quite a common way of ingesting the product. This is done safely by using a vape cartridge.
The most efficient way to take CBD Oil is in an oil or tincture. Here is why oils are better:
- They are easier to absorb and start working quickly, often within 10-15mins.
- They are efficient – nothing is lost in the digestive system, as can happen with edibles for example. Can be added to other things.
- It is one of the least expensive ways to take CBD.
- It is available in a range of flavours
- It is available in a range of doses/concentrations, perfect for individualising your dosage.
- You do not have to vape it, which many people prefer.
How do you take CBD Oil?
There are a couple of ways to take CBD oil. The easiest and most common is to take CBD sublingually. Simply drop the oil under your tongue and hold for 60 to 90 seconds so that it can be absorbed into your system. Another way is to use it as a food supplement. You can add the product to your food, most commonly in smoothies. But, as mentioned it is worth noting that you can use some of the product naturally in the process of digestion.
How much CBD oil should you take?
This is a pretty sensible question, albeit a difficult one to answer. That is because this depends on the product that you are taking, as well as many other factors, such as body weight, your body’s chemical composition and the desired effect you are looking for. So what is the correct dosage of CBD oil? The general advice is to start small and build up and take note of how you feel and the effect on your body.
And, so in conclusion…
There are many ways of taking CBD oil and extract. Popping CBD oil directly under your tongue with a tincture is the easiest & most efficient way to take CBD. As with many lifestyle supplements and changes, you should be considerate in the amount that you take in the beginning. Start small and build up. Do what works best for you and your body.